What is solar energy?
Solar energy is power that is harnessed from the sun and used to supply a home’s power needs. The energy is collected from solar panels on or around the home.
How does the Homebridge solar plan work?
When you decide to go with a solar plan, here’s how it works:
- Homebridge will connect with a solar vendor who is an expert in constructing solar panel systems
- The contractor will then go out to your home to do a survey
- Once the contractor has done estimates on the size and scope of the project, Homebridge will review and approve it
- The solar vendor will install the solar energy system onto your home
- Once installation is complete, you can then use your new solar system
How do I finance the solar panels in my home?
Your current homeownership situation will determine your financing options:
- If you are buying a home for the first time, you can ask for an additional loan to cover the cost of solar.
- If you are renovating your home, you can get a loan to cover the renovation with solar panels included.
- If you already have an existing home loan with Homebridge and you are refinancing, you can combine the price of using solar into your existing home mortgage.
Do I need to replace my roof before installing solar panels?
If your roof requires maintenance, we strongly recommend replacing your roof before solar panels are installed, due to the longevity and cost required for installation.
The contractor who comes to your home can determine whether your roof needs replacing or not.
Do solar panels work in a blackout?
If your solar panel is connected to a power grid, it will shut off if a blackout happens. There are specific inverters you can buy that will provide backup power in the event of a blackout.