A short sale is the sale of a home or other asset for less than the loan balance. Many lenders will agree to accept the proceeds of a short sale and forgive the rest of what is owed on a mortgage when a homeowner cannot make his or her mortgage payments.
HomeBridge boasts an in-house Short Sale Division, Short on Sale (SOS), created exclusively for our customers and business partners. HomeBridge and SOS will help all parties involved throughout the Short Sale process to obtain the least costly and the least stressful solution for sellers who are faced with imminent default or foreclosure. Our uniquely designed process keeps all parties informed while retaining more buyers.
HomeBridge and SOS Benefits include:
- We will work with the Seller and Listing Agent to ensure that a complete and up to date Short Sale package is submitted to the lender so that the Short Sale process can begin immediately.
- Relationships with most lenders (large and small) nationwide allow HomeBridge and SOS access to many lender specific forms, guidelines and staff.
- Preliminary title search or credit evaluation performed on all Short Sales so there are no surprises.
- Most Short Sale packages will include a full appraisal of subject property and a full mortgage commitment for the buyer if buyer is using HomeBridge for his or her financing needs.
- Current and accurate status updates for Agents, Seller and Buyer throughout the process.
- HomeBridge will act as the main point of contact with the lender and as the liaison between the Lender and Seller.
- Our mission is to get a favorable Short Sale approval for the seller, keep the buyer engaged in the process, and have a timely settlement.
Have HomeBridge and SOS facilitate your Short Sale today so that the deal can get to the closing table.
Contact your HomeBridge Loan Originator for more information.