Who should use a HomeStyle loan?
- Home Buyers who are buying the perfect location but less than perfect home
- Home Buyers and Home Owners wanting to add luxury features like pools, sauna’s, etc
- Investors purchasing homes in need of renovation repairs
- Home Owners looking to refinance their current mortgage for a lower interest rate and establish an escrow to make personalized home improvements
Why should I use a HomeStyle loan?
- Save money on utility bills and maintenance cost (make home ownership more affordable)
- Save on out-of-pocket costs
- Increase a home’s resale value (build immediate equity)
- Address any potential health and safety issues in your home.
- Improve the comfort and enjoyment of your home
What type of repairs does a HomeStyle loan cover?
- Roofs, Gutters, Down Spouts
- Heating and Cooling Systems
- Plumbing and Electrical Systems
- Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling
- Basement Remodeling
- Expanding Attics
- Room Additions and Garages
- Window and Door Replacement
- Carpet and Flooring
- Painting and Siding
- Mold and Lead Paint Abatement
- Foundation and Water Damage
- Well and Septic Systems
- In-ground pools, patios and porches
What makes HomeBridge different from other HomeStyle lenders?
- HomeBridge processes, underwrites, closes and administers all the renovation draws.
- HomeBridge Concierge Service will assist each home buyer / home owner with questions, concerns and more so you are never left feeling out of control or uninformed.
- HomeBridge has Mortgage Loan Originators in your local market to assist you to pick the right options to meet your personal goals and objectives.
How A HomeStyle Loan Works:
A step-by-step guide to finding, purchasing and renovating a home.
Apply for a mortgage with your HomeBridge Mortgage Loan Originator. We will review your application and loan documents to pre-approve you for a maximum loan amount and determine the best loan program to fit your needs.
Find Your Home
Look for a home that you can customize to become your dream home. The contract between you and the seller will be just for the purchase price. It will not include the funds to be used for your home improvements. Your Real Estate Agent will forward the accepted contract to your Mortgage Loan Originator to finalize the financing.
Choose a Contractor
You must research and select a contractor to complete your improvements after the loan closes. Contractors must provide specific documentation to be accepted for use in the renovation program.
Purchase Your Home
HomeBridge processes, underwrites and closes your loan in-house. You will go to settlement on your new home with an Escrow account established to complete your home improvement project.
Once your loan closes, your personal HomeBridge Renovation Concierge Manager will work with you and your contractor. This Manager will monitor the renovation process and distribution of funds, and is available to answer all of your questions. Most customers have this process completed within 60 days of closing (smaller projects can be completed in less than 30 days).
HomeStyle® is a registered trademark of Fannie Mae.