12 ways to prep for high winds and high water
Here’s how to prep for the hurricanes, Nor’easters and flooding that plague many parts of the country.
- Remove dead tree limbs.
- Secure patio furniture, trash barrels, hanging plants, awnings, fences, toys, or bring inside.
- Check roof shingles, install hurricane straps or clips in hurricane-prone areas.
- Clear gutters and downspouts.
- In hurricane-prone areas, install storm shutters, have 5/8” plywood for windows, or replace them with high-impact glass.
- Install heavy-duty door hardware.
- Elevate articles in basement or on ground floor.
- Fill bathtub and containers with water for cleaning and flushing toilets.
- Shoot video or photos of all possessions and store in a safe place, along with jewelry and important documents.
- If you anticipate a power outage, charge cell phones, put refrigerator and freezer on coldest settingand only open when necessary; or purchase a generator.
- Have on hand: flashlights, batteries, first-aid kit, working fire extinguisher, cash.
- Fuel all vehicles.
If you need a mortgage, or want to refinance for a lower rate or improvements, please text, email or call us any time…. Have a great day!
P.S.: Mortgage rates are still historically low; contact us about today’s excellent options.
**Looking Out For Your Best Interest**
Brandy Whitmire | Branch Manager | Mortgage Loan Originator | NMLS #194877
Office Phone: 214-660-5000 | Email: BWhitmire@financemyhome.com
HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc., DBA FinanceMyHome.com
Mobile APP: www.BrandysApp.com