The VA loan program does not have a maximum amount a veteran can borrow using a VA loan. For 2017, the ZERO down payment limit will increase to $424,100. San Diego has increased from $580,750 to $612,950. The Chapman Lending Team at Homebridge covers every county in California and Arizona. Homebridge Financial lends in all 50 states. We are VA loan experts and help hundreds of veterans each year.
If you live in one of the following counties listed below, follow the data on the chart to determine the VA’s maximum guaranty amount for a particular county. These limits apply to all loans closed January 1, 2017 and afterwards.
Below are the California county limits for 2017.
COUNTY 2017 VA LIMIT
CONTRA COSTA $636,150
DEL NORTE $424,100
EL DORADO $488,750
LOS ANGELES $636,150
SAN BENITO $636,150
SAN BERNARDINO $424,100
SAN DIEGO $612,950
SAN FRANCISCO $636,150
SAN JOAQUIN $424,100
SAN LUIS OBISPO $586,500
SAN MATEO $636,150
SANTA BARBARA $625,500
SANTA CLARA $636,150
SANTA CRUZ $636,150
Other VA Loan Questions:
- Am I eligible for a VA loan?
- How do I qualify for a VA loan?
- What are the benefits of a VA loan?
- Are VA loans zero down payment?
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How much house can I afford with a VA loan?
- Can you pay off debt with a VA Loan?
- How do I get my VA Loan certificate of eligibility?
- What and how much is the VA funding fee?
- What is the VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance loan (IRRRL)?
- Can I include my non military/veteran spouses income for a VA loan?
- Can I use a VA loan for a multi unit property (up to 4 units)?
- Can I refinance 100% of my home’s value with a VA loan?
- What are the closing costs for a VA Loan?
The Chapman Lending Team at HomeBridge Financial is honored to help many veterans utilize their VA home loan benefit each and every year. We ARE NOT a call center. Our goal is to provide the best customer service in the industry along with the most competitive rates and fees.
Semper Fi, Dan Chapman CAPT, USMC (vet)
ChapmanTeam@HomeBridge.com Call (760) 456-7139
About the author: Dan Chapman is the branch manager at HomeBridge Financial Services in North County San Diego, CA. HomeBridge performs VA loans in 49 states. Dan is a Naval Academy graduate, served as a Captain (O-3) in the Marine Corps, and is a Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran. He has been focused on helping active duty military and veterans attain the dream of home ownership since 2007. He is actively involved in several local veteran causes and performs VA loan seminars throughout greater San Diego on a monthly basis. For a free consultation, please contact us anytime.