What documents do I need for a VA Loan?
The VA Home Loan is widely considered to be the best mortgage available in today’s market for active duty military and veterans. Eligible veterans are able to take advantage of the opportunity to buy with zero down and no monthly mortgage insurance.
Common Documents Needed for a VA Loan
- Name, address, phone number
- Previous addresses from last 2 years
- DOB and completed years of school
- Copy of valid ID
- Number of dependents and their ages
- State where you are planning on purchasing
- DD214 if separated; for active duty a statement of service signed by the Commanding Officer
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE). This proves that you are entitled to VA benefit. A lender can obtain this for you.
- Name, address, phone number, dates of employment for all employers over last 2 years
- 30 days worth of paystubs or most recent LES
- W2’s from last 2 years
- Divorce decree and settlement paperwork (if applicable)
- copies of pension, retirement or social security and corresponding 1099s if this is the income you receive
- 60 days’ bank statements for checking and savings accounts showing enough money for your down payment (if any) and closing costs (if not covered by the seller)
- 60 days’ statements for retirement accounts
- Real estate currently owned, if any
- Purchase contract accepted and signed by you and the seller
- Appraisal showing a value of at least the purchase price (your loan officer will order)
- Name and phone number for the homeowner’s association, if applicable
- Name and contact information for the homeowner’s insurance agent you will use
- General knowledge of your current credit card, student loan, auto loan, and other credit accounts.
- Amount paid for monthly child care (if applicable)
- Bankruptcy and discharge paperwork (if applicable)
- Documentation disproving any erroneous items on your credit report
The Chapman Lending Team at HomeBridge Financial is honored to help many veterans utilize their VA home loan benefit each and every year. We ARE NOT a call center. Our goal is to provide the best customer service in the industry along with the most competitive rates and fees.
Semper Fi, Dan Chapman CAPT, USMC (vet)
ChapmanTeam@HomeBridge.com Call (760) 456-7139