How do I get my VA Loan Certificate of Eligibility?
A good lender will get it for you! After establishing that you are eligible for a VA Loan, you will receive your Certificate of Eligibility (COE). The evidence required depends on the nature of your eligibility. Below is a list to determine your category and the evidence you will need to provide when applying for a VA Loan.
Veterans OR Former National Guard or Reserve Members – Only required to have your DD 214
Active Duty- Current statement of service signed by personnel office, Commander of the unit or higher. This statement needs to include: Full name, SSN, date of birth, Entry date of active duty, any duration of lost time, and the name of your command.
Current National Guard or Reserve Members- Statement of service signed by personnel officer or commander of unit or higher. This statement needs to include: Full name, SSN, date of birth, entry date on duty, total number of creditable years of service, any duration of lost time and the name of the command.
For a complete list of all categories please visit the Veterans Benefits Administration:
Other Common VA Loan Questions:
- Am I eligible for a VA loan?
- How do I qualify for a VA loan?
- What are the benefits of a VA loan?
- Are VA loans zero down payment?
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How much house can I afford with a VA loan?
- Can you pay off debt with a VA Loan?
- How do I get my VA Loan certificate of eligibility?
- What and how much is the VA funding fee?
- What is the VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance loan (IRRRL)?
- Can I include my non military/veteran spouses income for a VA loan?
- Can I use a VA loan for a multi unit property (up to 4 units)?
- Can I refinance 100% of my home’s value with a VA loan?
- What are the closing costs for a VA Loan?
The Chapman Lending Team at HomeBridge Financial is honored to help many veterans utilize their VA home loan benefit each and every year. We ARE NOT a call center. Our goal is to provide the best customer service in the industry along with the most competitive rates and fees.
Semper Fi, Dan Chapman CAPT, USMC (vet)
ChapmanTeam@HomeBridge.com Call (760) 456-7139
About the author: Dan Chapman is the branch manager at HomeBridge Financial Services in North County San Diego, CA. HomeBridge performs VA loans in 46 states. Dan is a Naval Academy graduate, served as a Captain (O-3) in the Marine Corps, and is a Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran. He has been focused on helping active duty military and veterans attain the dream of home ownership since 2007. He is actively involved in several local veteran causes and performs VA loan seminars throughout greater San Diego on a monthly basis. For a free consultation, please contact us anytime.