What is the VA Funding Fee? How Much is the VA Funding Fee?
The VA funding fee is a set fee applied to every purchase loan or refinance. The proceeds go directly to the VA and help cover losses on the few loans that go into default. The VA funding fee is currently 2.15% on no down payment loans for first-time users. The funding fee for second time users who do not make a down payment is 3.3%. If a borrower puts down 5%, the funding fee drops to 1.5%, and if they put down 10% or more, it drops to 1.25%, for first time users and multiple users. Veterans with a service connected disability rating that receive disability compensation NEVER HAVE ANY FUNDING FEE. The VA funding fee can be added to the loan.
VA FUNDING FEE
- 2.15% – For first time users
- 3.3% – For 2nd time and beyond users
- 1.5% – 5% down payment
- 1.25% – 10% or more down payment
- 0% – 10% or more service connected disabled veterans
The Chapman Lending Team at HomeBridge Financial is honored to help dozens of veterans utilize their VA home loan benefit each and every year. We ARE NOT a call center. Our goal is to provide the best customer service in the industry along with the most competitive rates and fees.
Other VA Loan Questions:
- Am I eligible for a VA loan?
- How do I qualify for a VA loan?
- What are the benefits of a VA loan?
- Are VA loans zero down payment?
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How much house can I afford with a VA loan?
- Can you pay off debt with a VA Loan?
- How do I get my VA Loan certificate of eligibility?
- What and how much is the VA funding fee?
- What is the VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance loan (IRRRL)?
- Can I include my non military/veteran spouses income for a VA loan?
- Can I use a VA loan for a multi unit property (up to 4 units)?
- Can I refinance 100% of my home’s value with a VA loan?
- What are the closing costs for a VA Loan?
Semper Fi, Dan Chapman CAPT, USMC (vet)
Please enjoy the series of articles, and email with any questions at all.
About the author: Dan Chapman is the branch manager at HomeBridge Financial Services in North County San Diego, CA. HomeBridge performs VA loans in 46 states. Dan is a Naval Academy graduate, served as a Captain (O-3) in the Marine Corps, and is a Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran. He has been focused on helping active duty military and veterans attain the dream of home ownership since 2007. He is actively involved in several local veteran causes and performs VA loan seminars throughout greater San Diego on a monthly basis. For a free consultation, please contact us anytime.