We’ve compiled a list of some of the most common VA questions and myths that we encounter on a daily bases while helping hundreds of veterans. In this series, we will strive to answer these questions and dispel these common myths.
VA Loan Questions:
- Am I eligible for a VA loan?
- How do I qualify for a VA loan?
- What are the benefits of a VA loan?
- Are VA loans zero down payment?
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How much house can I afford with a VA loan?
- Can you pay off debt with a VA Loan?
- How do I get my VA Loan certificate of eligibility?
- What and how much is the VA funding fee?
- What is the VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance loan (IRRRL)?
- Can I include my non military/veteran spouses income for a VA loan?
- Can I use a VA loan for a multi unit property (up to 4 units)?
- Can I refinance 100% of my home’s value with a VA loan?
- What are the closing costs for a VA Loan?
Common VA Loan Myths (hint: all are NOT true).
- I can’t have more than one VA loan at a time.
- If I’ve had a foreclosure, I won’t qualify for a VA loan.
- If I foreclose on a VA loan, I can never have one again.
- If I need to move, I have to sell my home if I have a VA loan.
- If I’ve filed a bankruptcy, I won’t qualify for a VA loan.
- If I’ve had a short sale, I can’t get a VA loan.
- I can’t do a jumbo loan with a VA loan.