We’ve compiled a list of some of the most common VA questions and myths that we encounter on a daily bases while helping hundreds of veterans. In this series, we will strive to answer these questions and dispel these common myths.
VA Loan Questions:
- Am I eligible for a VA loan?
- How do I qualify for a VA loan?
- What are the benefits of a VA loan?
- Are VA loans zero down payment?
- What is the VA Loan Limit?
- How much house can I afford with a VA loan?
- Can you pay off debt with a VA Loan?
- How do I get my VA Loan certificate of eligibility?
- What and how much is the VA funding fee?
- What is the VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance loan (IRRRL)?
- Can I include my non military/veteran spouses income for a VA loan?
- Can I use a VA loan for a multi unit property (up to 4 units)?
- Can I refinance 100% of my home’s value with a VA loan?
- What are the closing costs for a VA Loan?
Common VA Loan Myths (hint: all are NOT true).
- I can’t have more than one VA loan at a time.
- If I’ve had a foreclosure, I won’t qualify for a VA loan.
- If I foreclose on a VA loan, I can never have one again.
- If I need to move, I have to sell my home if I have a VA loan.
- If I’ve filed a bankruptcy, I won’t qualify for a VA loan.
- If I’ve had a short sale, I can’t get a VA loan.
- I can’t do a jumbo loan with a VA loan.
Please enjoy the series of articles, and contact me with any questions at all.
About the author: Dan Chapman is the branch manager at HomeBridge Financial Services in North County San Diego, CA. HomeBridge performs VA loans in 46 states. Dan is a Naval Academy graduate, served as a Captain (O-3) in the Marine Corps, and is a Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran. He has been focused on helping active duty military and veterans attain the dream of home ownership since 2007. He is actively involved in several local veteran causes and performs VA loan seminars throughout greater San Diego on a monthly basis. In 2016, he was ranked #1 out of 600 loan officers at HomeBridge Financial nationwide. For a free consultation, please contact us anytime.
Mortgage Loan Originator | NMLS #1100657
Marine Corps Veteran (Captain O-3)
HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.
285 N. El Camino Real Suite 211
Encinitas, CA 92024
The HomeBridge Vision:
We aspire to be the most recommended home mortgage company in the country.